(And as a change of pace, I'll try to set the dial to PROSE. Apologies to those who have been wondering when my compulsive versifying might actually go somewhere. I'm sorry, I'm not trying to make it work like that right now.)
The main plan for this moon progresses nicely - I'm hitting all my marks thus far. The full scheme is too complex, and rich in extraneous background, to become fully outlined here. Suffice it to say it's the sort of tediousness boys do, when they're off feeding babies and running the world and all like that.
There are things that, from that reference, seem like opportunities: I'm collecting on a few of the lower-hanging ones, with the end goal of bringing some farther branches of the Tree Of Good And Evil within reach.
It's all in an eve's work, and it's going well. A tip of the beer to all the applemongers I've known over the decades whose style and rhythms, if not actual head-bobs, I'm adapting to the task.
I'm seeing just fine right now, which is simplifying the main plan immensely, as it involves absorbing some thousands of pages worth of printable material. The whole eye scare has been resolved in my favor.
In the weeks since my new glasses, I've contrived to gaze upon a number of ladyfriends I've not seen since before the resolution. (I'm quite the contriver these days.) Having proved scientifically that I've not really had accurate vision in some time, I couldn't help but be curious if they were as easy on the eyes as I'd thought, or if I'd been pheremonially duped in some way.
Turns out (and don't nobody take this personal) oh hells yeah they's cute. High school fight song cute, in some cases. Witchy cute, especially eye to eye.
Not all is apples and cheerleaders, of course:
- I've been pulled over while making short drives to my home more than once in the last few weeks, by police directed by the last gasps of a dis-elected administration. I've taken to giving away alcohol rather than carrying open containers in my car, which runs extremely counter to my nature.
- I had a bit of proper vengeance ruined when my intended victim picked up the damned phone.
- Somebody threw out a box which held a Franziskaner case, in which I'd intended to pack some cherishable things.
- Most painfully, I've discovered that the door to my favorite place is just difficult to close properly at this season, which makes it far less likely that anything complimentary was going on this week at all. (Though to be fair, that struck me as a bit fantastic, even at the time.)
Since the sun began its long trek down this day, I've received embossed and printed proof that I'm good at what I do. I've found two hairpins and two pennies, the latter heads-up. I'm working my way through an excellent beer or two I'd set aside for just such a day. While I probably still have cause for complaint, it's far far out of my current frame of reference.
For the moment, I'm content with having music sweet and personal, with no regard for promises of more. Right now, I'm fine with pressing four to replay - no need to press zero for more options.
(And my bottle just achieved vertical, so I'm gone.)

No comments:
Post a Comment