Taking the long way home from an errand, I drove myself down past the park. They put it there, you know, to be a good place on your way home, even if you can only drive past.
It skittered out of the park onto the road in front of me, moving haphazardly. I saw it, focused in, sped up my car and aimed; I rolled down my window a bit, the better to hear.
Two square feet of bubble wrap, blown by the wind - and then under my left front tire.
Tons of popping power, making it all go almost at once.
I was SO HAPPY - it was so random and so fun. (Who lets two square feet of bubble wrap escape them in the first place?)
Here's to the little brilliant things that happen every day, all the little things that make us smile along our ways.
Sunday, January 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment