It blustered today, and so I went to see it; I walked for a time in my local tree-filled park. Bluster (done correctly) portends change, and sometimes growth, and these are things I like to turn my face toward.
I did just that as I arrived, air whipping past me as if I were on the downhill side of a roller coaster. Feeling it on my cheeks, I likened the passing of the seasons - the regular, thrilling ups and downs of them - to that roller coaster in my mind.
Ratcheting up the spring to hang weightless at summer's top before heedlessly rushing forward, taking this day's sudden fall, to be pressed madly against the restraints in the valley of winter, waiting for the tik-tik-tik that says we're blossoming upward again.
I breathed all that bluster in, and I thought those thoughts, and I knew that it was true, that it was right.
It's all a sine from God.
[...]
[I really did have something mapped out that was poignant, and lavish, and filled with insight into the eternal recurrence of hope and pain against the backdrop of unchanging personal experience... but I think I just blew it up.]
[Fuck it, then - thanks for visiting, and go have a walk. It's the kind of day we only really get around here, and only at very special moments in the course of the earth, so seriously, go get some of that bluster on ya. Maybe I'll come back around to the other thing.]
Monday, September 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment