I'm just going to write this from beginning to end.
I review myself in the season of the long nights, and try to see where I might improve. Frankly, I've had better solstices on that score.
I edit more than I write right now, some number of steps back for every step in any direction. I don't do things worth doing that scare me. I discover things that could change for the better, and spend my energies scoffing about how they wound up being worse.
I don't finish anything I start, at least not before starting something else. My only successes have come through focus, yet regardless of how hungry I get for success, instead I seem to scatter. It's a habit of helplessness, and I know how I got into it.
I'm ready to see how I get out of it. I always get out eventually. Generally, it's not by writing things that include the word "I".
The first thing is to finish what I'm writing.
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment