On the way back from the rock show, having already driven on my town's unsuspected Frank Street that night, I stopped for a final adjustment. The bartender held up the out-of-season seasonal I prefer as I walked in, and I took it, along with the a pack of the smokes what's-her-name used to smoke.
Took a deep breath, settled on my stool, found nothing in the mirror, and listened to the juke.
"Okie From Muskogee" (which I had to adapt my stride to, walking in)
"Good Hearted Woman" (with Waylon, thank you)
"Heard It In A Love Song"
"Crazy For You" (wtf? madonna? Bartender shouted to some people behind me that he put two bucks in just to break shit up - why that one, I couldn't tell you.)
"Islands In The Stream"
"Rhinestone [motherfucking -- ed.] Cowboy"
I had to tap out at that point, but I like to think I hit the harmony on the chorus, singing to myself with each one.
Even my awful Fridays ain't that damn bad.
I do hope your randomness is good to you as well. Here's to the weekend, and all it entails.
Saturday, November 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment