Two days ago I was feeling snow flurries on my face while being rained on; today I stand under a high blue sky with a breeze the exact temperature emitted by high-end air handlers. The whole world is mutable here and now, and I'm so pleased to be on the good end.
My neighborhood is awakening right in pace with the change - everyone around here understands that at this time of year, you've got to carpe that damned diem right when it happens. Driving around my neighborhood at dusk last night, I found myself having trouble passing through the narrow streets for all the cars going slow, pulling over. Spending the day at my usual neighborhood hangout, I noted the cars pulling down that side street, slowing as the brightly garbed, otherwise faded women walk from the corner to hop in the passenger seat.
Ah, spring, when the local hookers are in their first bloom.
(I guess I could be wrong. Maybe they just look like prostitutes to me.)
Thursday, April 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment