Amid and amongst the fables I've found lies the story of the donkey that starved. It became hungry with two piles of succulent hay equidistant, and was unable to choose which to walk toward. Motionless it stood, growing weaker from internal debating, and unchoosingly it died.
Right now, I have three keyboards within arms' reach, all of which lead to opened windows actively wanting some writing of mine. The topics under discussion range broadly - you'd file them under everything from "Don't Understand" to "Don't Care" to "Don't Believe". From where my mind is now, I could as easily choose any of those to advance some particular cause. It's exhaustingly satisfying just to number the opportunities I have scattered, within arms' reach.
I'm starving to do something, but can't really choose. Fortunate I am, to not be an ass - I flipped the proper number of coins rather than stand still.
I'm always pleased when the coin flip comes up "you".
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
:-)...
Post a Comment