Tuesday, April 22, 2008

There is a movement afoot to have me retire this name. I don't know whether to be surprised it took so long, or happened so soon. As I write, I find the feel of that agrees with me somewhat.

I've felt it on enough evenings to recognize it - the beers are agreeably tasty, the pace of them is manic, and the signs are saying the next one might end badly. Call it judgment or cowardice, I consistently tap out at that point. Order a water, regain a balance.

Substitute blog posts for beers, and that's how I'm feeling.

Work and family are looming large, and brilliancies seem seldom in between. What I write about is annoying me. I'm either spicing up twenty-five good seconds into something ridiculous or dredging up twenty-five year old foolishness. I know there's better stuff out there, but I need to take some time and go look for it.

I soon get on a plane, and travel to a bright spot in the middle of the desert. There I hope to burn the last of winter from me - relearn an appreciation for water - find a balance for everything solid and everything brilliant. I've considered my options, and chosen to be optimistic about it.

I hope to continue to see you all, and I'll check back in here when it's time for the next round.

1 comment:

gt281 said...

You’re a very good writer as far as
I’m concerned,, with a very unique
readable style…even the mundane
acts of everyday life,, such as turning the dial on the car radio seem to have a special importance when you write about them…
…well good luck,, and have a cold one for me…