Thursday, May 17, 2007

It didn't make me proud, the way it looked.

It was just another address, but one that had been important to me. A place I'd cared for, a place where brilliant things had happened, a place I'd left almost against my will.

After I'd abandoned it, some fucking hobos had kicked it to shit, doing awful things I'd just ignore except they happened at my old place. Had I known, I'd have never let it go that way. I'd pass by every so often, pursing my lips and shaking my head.

I couldn't leave it empty when I found it was available. It was oddly more attractive after its cachet had dissipated; once again it was a place where no one looked. A place where you could put your feet up, and say things just because they needed said.

I wonder if anyone else still wanders through.

3 comments:

Persico said...

By nature, people wander, wonder.

Frank Charlemagne said...

It's splendid to know I'm not the only one attached to the old place.

Welcome. (To you, ma'am, and to any and all.)

I don't watch this place quite the way I once did, I've no idea who comes in anymore... but I can't imagine closing it down completely again.

I'll try to keep it from becoming the various messes it was.

Anonymous said...

no worries, frank. it is/was much less mess than my little fits of insanity.